Item Code: UNI03
Automatic Power Factor Control (APFC) Panel
With increase in demand for electrical motors in industry, there is growing demand for efficient power factor correction solutions to get the power factor to unity. As the electrical load continuously vary in industrial environment, adding a single capacitor bank to compensate this varying load may lead to following:
- Over compensation (more KVAR than required) which will result in leading power factor, and this reduces p.f. and thus avoidable. Also leading power factor is un-healthy for capacitors and system itself.
- Power loss in capacitors in case of over compensation.
Automatic power factor controls avoids all above problems by step by step switching on and off the capacitors as the requirement arise. The capacitor bank is divided into such combination that a continuous step in KVAR can be used. For example capacitor bank of 5, 10, 20, 40 KVAR can be used in combination to get step of 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75 KVAR to get a very efficient control of power factor. Unimeec provides best possible combination of power factor control to get maximum out of capacitor banks. Following are few advantage of use of APFC panel:
- Efficient use of capacitors leading to elongated life of capacitors.
- Avoid over compensation and under compensation.
- Maintain unity power factor thus effective use of available power and avoid penalty for poor power factor.
A-2, Akshardham Estate, Near Panchratan Estate, Near Ramol Bridge, Ramol, Vatva, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 382445, India